The Golden Gate Is Open: 10 Beginning Folk Dances from the Czech and Slovak Republics for Children and Adults
Domestic shipping: $4.50 (media rate)
Overseas shipping: $14.50
DVD: length—40 minutes. Shows all dance movements.
Manual: 92 pp., spiral bound, paperback, 8 1/2” x 11”.
CD: Music for the 10 dances.
The DVD and CD are sleeve-mounted in the book.
Contains the first volume of Item #0001, dances for children ages 5-13 and beginning-level adults. Ideal for use in public schools and dance camps. Includes detailed dance directions, information on cultural and historical background, musical scores, pronunciation guide, glossary, and bibliography.
Contents of the Book, Volume I
Notes on the Directions for the Dances
Volume I: Beginning Dances for Children Ages 5-13 & Adults
- Čížeček (The Little Siskin), Bohemia
- Kolečko mlýnský (The Little Mill Wheel), central Bohemia
- Volky (The Little Oxen), northeast Moravia
- Jarní hry (Spring Dance Games), Bohemia and Moravia
- Na Heličku (The Helichka Games), south central Bohemia
- Ráček (The Small Crayfish), northeast Bohemia
- Ovečky (The Little Sheep), southwestern Bohemia
- Zaječí (The Hare Dance), east central Moravia
- Ševcovskí (The Cobbler’s Dance), northeast Bohemia
- Šijeme vrecia (Sewing Satchels), north central Slovakia
Authors, Directors, Performers
DVD and CD Contents
The book is spiral bound, paperback, 92 pages, and 8 ½” by 11”
The DVD and CDs
The DVD contains an introduction and performances of the 10 beginning dances. It is 40 minutes in length. Because it may be difficult to see some of the more complicated steps with the costumes, some of the dances are demonstrated again in rehearsal dress. For rehearsal and performance purposes, the music is contained on a CD. The timing for each dance is given in the DVD and CD Contents.